About the Role
This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production team of one of the UK’s young, growing craft breweries.
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
We are looking to expand our team at our UNESCO world heritage site of Saltaire. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Cellar Operative. Our focus is on quality assurance and quality control procedures to ensure that our beers continue to meet the world at peak condition and on specification.
We are looking for a cellar person who is looking to start or further their career in brewing. Reporting to our head brewer, the ideal candidate will have a deep interest in brewing, strong work ethic, willingness to learn and an unrelenting attitude towards quality and consistency. The Cellar person is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation cellar and all beer released to packaging. Wort is made in the brewhouse, but beer is made in the cellar!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring safe working environment and compliance with regulations.
- Proactive in taking responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines
- Cellar management and workflow management.
- Monitoring fermentations.
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Loading malt grists
- Ability to work alone and have initiative to problem solve
- Yeast management including cell counts, cropping and propagation.
- Assisting our quality assurance/control program including micro sampling, sensory and food safety compliance.
- Stock management support
- Keeping records up to date (Excel/Brewman Production/Brewman Management).
- Ensuring clean working environment with clean-as-you-go practices and compliance with high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Occasional representation for the brewery at trade shows, beer festivals, ‘Meet the Brewer’ and other events
- Legal right to work in the U.K.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including shifts and occasional weekend work
- Display great teamwork, but also initiative in lone working
- A good understanding of workplace hygiene
- Great organisation and communication
- Can-do attitude to problem solving. Enthusiastic and personable, with a passion for the industry.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.