Cellar Person Position
SALT is a craft brewery based in Saltaire, West Yorkshire. Founded in 2018, SALT has established itself as a leader in the UK craft brewing industry with a focus on brewing exceptional beer to suit modern palates.
We are recruiting a cellar person who is looking to start their career in the brewing industry. Reporting into head brewer Colin Stronge, the ideal candidate will have a deep interest in brewing, strong work ethic, willingness to learn and an unrelenting attitude towards quality and consistency.
The Cellar person is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation cellar and all beer released to packaging. Wort is made in the brewhouse, but beer is made in the cellar meaning that the quality of all of our beers is down to your skill and attitude.
In addition to training in all aspects of cellaring, there will be potential for hands-on training in the brewhouse, funding for brewing qualifications and more!
- Monitoring of wort fermentation and conditioning beer
- Vessel CIP
- Stock Management
- Complete all appropriate production documentation
- Ability to Follow SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Packaging (keg, cask & can)
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Loading malt grist
- Yeast handling
- Beer transfers
- Comply with a high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Ability to work to the highest cleanliness standards and maintain a clean and presentable work environment at all times
- Ability to work alone and have the initiative to problem solve
- Represent the company at beer tastings/industry events
- Occasional representation for the brewery at trade shows, beer festivals, ‘Meet the Brewer’ and other events.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary working environment.
- Legal right to work in the U.K.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including shifts and occasional weekend work.
- Display great teamwork and initiative in lone working.
- A good understanding of workplace hygiene.
- Great organisation and communication.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
This is a full-time role offering an entry into a career in brewing. Ideally, the candidate will have some brewing experience although it is not necessary.
Please send CV and cover letter to