JOB VACANCY: BREWER/CELLAR OPERATIVE (London)
This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production department of one of the UK’s young, growing craft breweries.
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
Following our recent expansion, we are looking to expand our team at our London production site. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Brewer/Cellar Operative. As a Brewer/Cellarperson, you will work closely with the team in all aspects of the brewing process with including but limited to wort production, cellaring and packaging.
The role will be varied and fast-paced, with scope for learning new skills and progression within the company.
- Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities, yeast handling, dry hopping and beer transfers
- Proactive in taking responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines
- Performing Quality Control checks in line with our quality program
- Performing packaging responsibilities including cleaning and filling of kegs
- Assisting in brewhouse operations during wort production.
- Stock management support
- Adhering to health and safety standards at all times.
- Thorough record keeping of brew day, fermentation and packaging
- Preparation and clean down of packaging equipment.
- Promoting a productive and safe workflow
Experience and requirements:
- Positive and committed attitude
- Keen eye to detail and demonstrate a good problem-solving skill set
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and personable, with a passion for craft beer and the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing craft breweries
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of team work and how going the extra mile benefits the whole work dynamic
- A good understanding of hygienic process
- Flexible schedule to work shifts when needed
- Legal right to work in the U.K.
- At least one year’s experience in a previous brewing or cellar production role
- Relevant qualification (IBD, Heriot-Watt University, etc.) and/or a qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, Microbiology, Mechanical Engineering, or Food Science/Technology.
- Forklift license preferred but not essential.
This is a full time position with a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date of application – 24th April 2022