Alpaca DDH IPA
1. A soft, durable, luxurious and silky natural fibre harvested from an Alpaca
2. Double dry-hopped IPA, strong tropical notes balanced with a bitter finish
- Gold Medal, SIBA North East Independent Awards (Bottle/Can Imperial IPA category)
- Overall Champion, SIBA North East Independent Awards (Bottle & Can Category )
- UK Bronze, World Beer Awards (American IPA Category)
Alpaca fleece is the fibre harvested from the coat of an alpaca. A soft, luxurious and silky natural fibre, it is similar to sheep’s wool but warmer, naturally water repellent and less prickly. The mill in the centre of our homeland was innovative enough to recognise the value of Alpaca wool in the 1800s. You could say Alpacas built the village in which we are based!
Our Alpaca DDH IPA is every bit as premium and luxurious as the animal fibre. Expect strong tropical hop aromas on the nose. Initial flavours of guava and melon are followed by the appearance of honey from the malt. Crisp and punchy, the tropical fruits are well balanced with a dry, bitter finish.
- Amber/Pale, Hazy
- Cara, Oats, Pale, Wheat Malt
- Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic
- Yes (Keg, Cask and Can )
- 9 Gallon
- 30 Litre