SALT are looking for an experienced General Manager to work in their Deptford venue. Situated on Market Yard, Deptford the site serves a host of award-winning real and craft ales alongside its authentic, innovative sourdough pizza offer.
We are looking to recruit an experienced General Manager with a passion and in-depth knowledge of our products; from craft keg beer, cocktails and food. We would like you to share your knowledge with the team and our guests alike in an informative and friendly manner.
As General Manager you will have a strong front-of-house presence and be keen to get involved with local community groups and organisations. You will keep ahead of the latest trends, updating our product range and anticipating the needs of our customers. As a beer enthusiast, you have excellent cellar skills and a good knowledge of the local drinks market. You will work closely with their Area Manager to organise promotional events, beer tastings, and tap takeovers.
The successful candidate must demonstrate great communication and leadership skills, be self-motivated with a good eye for detail, and above all a passion for delivering the highest standards of customer service.
The key purpose of the role is to deliver friendly, efficient service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests. To supervise, train and motivate others, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers
· Accurately processing the weekly reportage, and adherence to sales and wage targets.
· Interacting with customers and ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained;
· recruiting, training and managing the team, including leading meetings to update and motivate staff;
· Excellent training skills, sharing knowledge and passion for the drinks trade, improving and maintaining the perfect serve within the venue.
· running promotional campaigns to organise successful marketing activity - being social media savvy;
· regular meetings with the Area Manager monitoring the profitability and performance of the site to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded;
· a working knowledge of products served and a clear understanding of the customer profile; Great communication skills, superb knowledge of our product line up.
· Responsible for ensuring the bar runs smoothly and effectively. Maintaining your level of knowledge, and technical skills that are necessary to perform the role.
· Adherence to all company policies and procedures
· Ensure the bar is stocked appropriately, ordering and accepting deliveries, the accuracy of dispense and recording waste, maintaining G.P’s and the general careful management of stock at the site
· To promote the business and the events in a professional manner
If you have a genuine passion for all things drink-related, are interested in delicious food, can provide excellent service to all our guests and would like to join a highly successful company with real opportunities for progression, then we want to hear from you.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org