We're on the lookout for an Account Manager to join our ever-growing team!
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
Tired of following tradition, we go where our brewing instincts take us, shamelessly combining heritage and modern brewery craft, crossing styles, exploring new ingredients and producing many award-winners along the way.
When it comes to crafting beer and pursuing our own evolution, we’re pushing on at pace. We’re growing, and so is our selection. There’s now a whole world of great SALT craft beers just waiting for you to reach out and try. Don’t thank us, like the beer, it's a pleasure.
Are you passionate about craft beer and building experiences alongside great products?
Are you both strategic and executional in nature?
Here at SALT, our purpose is to break down craft beer barriers, swerve the noise and instead provide pleasure through crafting great beer.
We’re seeking a hungry, ambitious and strategic Account Manager to join our team to manage the Yorkshire territory/account base. This is a key role within the business as it forms part of our heartland which includes several SALT bars and the brewery itself.
Reporting directly to the Head of On Trade, you will be required to win market share for SALT ahead of our competition. Achieving growth via new distribution points delivered in line with the company’s objectives. Management of existing business and relationships, as well as on boarding new customers is key to the success in this role.
The ideal candidate will be creative, a self-starter and somebody who works well independently in a fast-paced dynamic workplace as well as collaboratively in a team.
The Account Manager is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
· Creation of a territory file to define regional, quarterly and annual plans with circa 5 outlet visits per day
· Maintain the account data base for a specified territory within our CRM system
· Identifying new business opportunities through excellent territory knowledge and industry networking, using own initiative to deliver new draught installations for SALT
· Build strong relationships with Route to Market partners, developing customer activity plans in line with the channel requirements
· Work closely with our bar teams across Yorkshire, to ensure appropriate activations are delivered in line with the company’s expectations
· Ensure best practice and cost effectiveness by tailoring a channel activity program to individual retailer needs
· Monitor and evaluate activity and share best practice with the wider team
· Lead and execute a number of craft beer festivals and events within the territory
· The job involves extensive travel throughout a defined territory. There will be some evening and weekend working involved
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Proven sales record within the On-Trade and can demonstrate a strong understanding across the channel
· Knowledge and passion for craft beer
· Demonstrates strong account management experience
· Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering and managing a number of key projects simultaneously
· Structured selling skills demonstrated, and can adapt these to a premium environment
· Can demonstrate an understanding of brand plans at Point of Purchase
· Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work on their own
· Ability to present and communicate to a high standard
What we look for in a person…
At SALT, culture and values are everything!
We are looking for an honest, hardworking independent thinker who loves a challenge. A hunger to succeed and develop your career quickly, in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial business.
Ability to handle pressure, work with agility and under tight deadlines whilst having a good time at the same time!
What we offer in return…
· Strong Vision, Mission, Values and Leadership
· Individual coaching and training to help you grow personally and professionally
· A high trust environment where you will NOT be micro-managed
· 21 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
· A great working culture and friendly working environment
· Company pension
· Staff discount
· Flexible working
Schedule: Monday to Friday but some weekends and events will be required during festival season.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: 30.01.2023
Full-time, Permanent Position
Salary: £27-30k + bonus based on KPIs