This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production department of one of the UK’s young, growing craft breweries.
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
Following our recent expansion, we are looking to expand our team at our London production site. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Packaging Operative. As a Packaging Operative, you will be primarily focusing on kegging and cask racking, working closely with the team to meet production demands. Other responsibilities include working with the brewing+cellar team with production and warehousing.
This is an entry level role and ideal for someone looking to develop their experience in a dynamic environment. You’ll be supporting the production team, adhering to high standards and meticulous record keeping to ensure the products overall quality.
- Ensuring safe working environment and compliance with regulations, in a culture embracing safe working habits and risk mitigation.
- Preparing packaging materials
- Preparation and clean down of packaging equipment.
- Cleaning, filling and palletizing kegs and casks
- Completion of paperwork and performing rigorous and regular quality checks including oxygen, CO2 and fill-levels.
- Moving and storing stock safely and securely, ensuring a safe workflow
- Performing packaging equipment maintenance checks.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Experience and requirements
- Positive and committed attitude.
- Calm, professional and quality focused
- Strong communication skills with team and management.
- Strong practical, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Willing to collaborate, be responsible and accountable.
- Team player attitude with strong workflow management.
- Excellent timekeeping skills and reliability
- Willing to embrace a physically demanding job and one that features repetitive tasks
- Proactive with a hands-on approach
- Experience working in a brewery preferable but not essential
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities.
- Forklift license preferred, but not essential.
- Be legally able to work in the UK
This is an entry level position; however, salary is based on experience. The position provides opportunity to learn more about production over time. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com