We're Hiring - Production Brewer
About the role
This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production team of one of the UK’s young, growing craft breweries.
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
We are looking to expand our team at our UNESCO world heritage site of Saltaire. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Production Brewer. Our focus is on quality assurance and quality control procedures to ensure that our beers continue to meet the world at peak condition and on specification.
We are looking for a brewer with a strong track record for promoting quality assurance, production efficiency and a positive work environment. You will work closely with team focusing on wort production, fermentation management, cellaring task, and beer transfer tasks. This role is for an experienced brewer with a strong knowledge of the brewing process and is adaptable to varying workflows.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring safe working environment and compliance with regulations.
- Proactive in taking responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines
- Cellar management and workflow management.
- Monitoring fermentations.
- Yeast management including cell counts, cropping and propagation.
- Beer separation
- Wort production on a 20hl-3 vessel brewhouse.
- Assisting our quality assurance/control program including micro sampling, sensory and food safety compliance.
- Stock management support
- Keeping records up to date (Excel/Brewman Production/Brewman Management).
- Ensuring clean working environment with clean as you go practices.
Experience and requirements
- Minimum two year working in a brewery production, quality focused or engineering role.
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Positive and committed attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong practical, organizational and problem-solving skills demonstrated through team-work and workflow management.
- Experience analysing and improving beer production processes.
- Understanding of the brewing and fermentation processes, brewing equipment.
- Legal requirements to work in the UK.
- Enthusiastic and personable, with a passion for the industry.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date of application – 6th January, 2023