About the role
This is a hands-on, diverse and exciting role within the production department of one of the UK’s young, growing craft breweries.
Our name is SALT, after the pioneering industrialist who built the village we first called home. It was from here, we ventured out into the brewing world, equipped with only a single punchy vision – make great craft beer for everyone and do it our way.
Following our recent expansion, we are looking to expand our team at our London production site. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Production Brewer. You will work closely with the Production Manager and team focusing on wort production, fermentation management, cellaring task, beer transfer and packaging tasks. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record of supporting quality assurance, improving production efficiencies. This role is for an experienced brewer with a strong knowledge of the brewing process and is adaptable to varying workflows.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring safe working environment and compliance with regulations.
- Proactive in taking responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels and product lines
- Cellar management and workflow management.
- Monitoring fermentations.
- Yeast management including cell counts, cropping and propagation.
- Beer separation
- Wort production on a 70hl 4-vessel brewhouse.
- Assisting our quality assurance/control program including micro sampling, sensory and food safety compliance.
- Performing packaging responsibilities including cleaning and filling of kegs
- Stock management support
- Keeping records up to date (Excel/Brewman Production/Brewman Management).
- Ensuring clean working environment with clean as you go practices.
Experience and requirements
- Minimum three years working in a brewery production, quality focused or engineering role.
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Positive and committed attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong practical, organizational and problem-solving skills demonstrated through team-work and workflow management.
- Experience analysing and improving beer production processes.
- Understanding of the brewing and fermentation processes, brewing equipment.
- Legal requirements to work in the UK.
- Enthusiastic and personable, with a passion for the industry.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date of application – 6th September